Friday 22 July 2011

Time Passes


I can’t believe so much time has passed since I last wrote in here … it’s amazing how time can just run away from one at times. And then I tried to publish this last night, but I was unable to publish it, which was hugely frustrating ... I've since been on a journey around various web forums to try to find out what was going & to see what I could do! But after a little bit more frustration and further delay, here I am back!!

My life has been a bit hectic recently, both personally and professionally, hence me just not having enough time to write in here … but even I hadn’t realised quite how long it’s been. This is just a quick entry to get me back on track, to get my voice back and I’m intending to get back into the habit of writing regularly in here … because I’ve missed it. I have often thought about writing, and I have had a number of ideas for entries, which I can hopefully get written in the near future.

In some ways I’m disappointed in myself because I haven’t been disciplined enough to make the time. But that then makes me think that time is a funny thing … we talk about ‘making’ it, ‘wasting’ it, ‘filling’ it, we talk about time ‘passing’, time ‘running away’ with us, etc. etc. And I do wonder what I’ve been doing with mine recently. Yes, I’ve been busy, but I do think I’ve maybe not been using all of my time as constructively as I could have done … and that’s what leaves me feeling disappointed and frustrated with myself. I think I’ve got so many things I want to fit into my time that sometimes I just grind to a halt because it feels impossible to fit everything in … and then nothing gets done.

I’m at a time in my life where I really need to reorganise myself and everything in my life. It’s time to prioritise both the people and the things within it, maybe let go of some things and shift others around. It’s a time where I have to decide what’s most important to me and what will best help me move forward from here, to my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment