Sunday 6 March 2011

Playing In The Playground

It's a long, long time since I've written any poetry / song lyrics, but I woke up at 4am this morning and wrote this poem ... about moving on & connecting fully with life...


Remembering a time,
Just he and I,
Playing in our playground in the sky.

Chasing clouds, chasing dreams,
Lovers soaring on the breeze.
A distant storm stirs the air,
Turbulence grounds what was once there.

It was escapism, it was freedom,
Playing with clouds was such a fun thing.
But it was disconnected, disengaged,
An observer’s view; safe, yet lacking.

For me now, it’s about connection,
To myself, life and living.
A self resurrection,
As a new life begins breathing.

Heart, soul, body and mind,
Together, they are one.
Love, laughter, dreams and friendship;
As my life will become.

Exploring now a time,
Another he and I,
Playing in the playground that is life.

(c) Sharon Cox, 06.03.11

No comments:

Post a Comment